From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:08:47 -0400
The informal test, without field strength meters, etc., is, at your next
club meeting, to either turn your implant off (if that's possible or
advisable), or to walk away from the rest of the group and see if the QRM
diminishes as you leave or not.  There are a lot of sources of QRM on two
meters, and a repeater signal may also be partially blocked by the car body
or the building structure.  Experimentation is the name of the game.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Wheaton, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls