From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2012 22:01:30 -0500
Linda,

While it is true that you will always hear some repeaters and never be
able to transmit through them at the 5 watt level, here is another
possible cause of the problem. This is a shot in the dark on my part,
but here goes.

I think you are using a Wouxun.

Remember that the plus and minus offset direction on those radios is
not automatic like it is on most of the others.

Thus, if you have 1 repeater that is on a frequency above 147.000, and
the others are on 145 or 146 MHZ, the 147 repeater will in all
likelihood require a plus offset.

So, be sure that is what you have programmed in the memory for that
frequency pair, along with the high power setting.

Then, as I said in the information I sent you off list, try the magnet
mount in several locations around your house, and be prepared to
compromise regarding the location where it really works vs where you
really want it to work.

Mike Duke, K5XU