From:
Albert Sanchez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2012 06:51:48 -0400
Hello All!
Some of you on-list may know my XYL Gerrie Sanchez, (formerly Gerrie Burke
of Maryland and Northern Virginia), KJ4DMV. 4 or so years ago she decided to
get her ham ticket and began by passing first the Tech exam and then at the
same sitting, by passing the General class exam. Last night, at our local
Radio Club's exam session she took and passed the Extra class exam with a
score of 45 correct out of 50 questions. She is, for those of you who do not
know, totally blind. She is a retired Federal Employee who worked for 24
years for the Dept. of Labor in the DC area. Next, in June it will be my
turn to take, and hopefully pass (after being a ham for approximately 46
years), the Extra exam. As you might imagine, I am real proud of Gerrie!
Best of 73's to all,
Albert, WA7FXB and
Gerrie, KJ4DMV/AE