From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2012 19:28:27 -0500
Assuming that your apartment has 3 wire AC outlets, and that your
power supply has a 3 wire plug, let that be the equipment ground.

Then sink the ground rod wherever the lightning arrester needs it to
be.

As John said, if you have an RF problem, put a quarter wave
counterpoise for the band where the problem is on the ground screw of
the radio, or of the tuner if you are using an external tuner.