From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 22:56:39 -0400
I had schedules with Rick Joy for several months during the 1980s, Sunday
nights on 20 meter CW, coast-to-coast.

I think that CW vibrating a speaker cone, with the pitch set quite low, the
RF gain turned down, and high selectivity, would be far simpler than digital
modes driving a braille display.  The various over-the-air modes are full
protocols with headers, acknowledgment routines and/or error correction.
Some of the software which does this runs in Linux, so it may be accessible
to BrlTTY or whatever you are using.  The other thing about digital modes is
that you will have to tune the signal in to one extent or another.  With
some combinations of software and a single-sideband receiver, sever
different stations may appear within the passband you are receiving, and you
click on one of the indicated frequency offsets to begin copying the
selected signal.  I'm sure there are ways to do this stuff, but they won't
be simple to implement.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Wheaton, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls