From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2012 15:47:39 -0400
Hi all,
John, and others have mentioned the bookport plus.
Well, the folks at APH are coming out with something even better, the bookport plus DTD, (Stands for desktop digital.
Now this recorder won't fit in your pocket, however, a huge thing, and that is, it will let you record like a tape recorder. You all remember how that works, right? That's 1 thing that none of the current digital recorders do. You'll be able to rewind, fast forward, and insert audio!
I don't know about NLS stuff, you'll have to ask APH about that.
So, if you're thinking about getting the bookport, the victer, or any other recorder, I'd rethink it, because you have alot more control over recording with the bookport DT.
Also, this has an AC adapter. I told Larry Scutcon when talking about this recorder back in January when I heard they were coming out with it, that it needed to let folks record like a tape recorder, but of course using SD cards, thumb drives, etc.
It should be out in June or July, just in time for all the conventions, but it may be out earlier than that.
Trippy, ac8s