From:
"Linda C. Knight" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2012 08:10:05 -0400

Hi all,

Here is my problem with the ht (wouxun) I have the 2m and 440.

I have tried a longer antenna and still the following problem exist.

I do live in new port richey and should be able to get reception from some
of these repeaters. The question is: Is the default setting on the radio low
power and should I change it to high power?

 I am having trouble getting a couple of the local repeaters to get good
reception on my ht.

I have the repeaters for (146.670, [new port richey where our club hangs
out]; 145 350 no tone; [new port richey;

145 330 no tone

[Land 0 lakes];             147075    103.5

Hudson; and the 146 520 no tone

Which have no reception within the condo or outside.

The following repeaters are about the same distance and I get excellent
reception and transmission.

The 146.640 (holiday); the 147.150 holiday; are excellent reception within
the condo.

It appears that all offsets are correct.

The 146.670 repeater comes on in short spirts and if I move a tad reception
is lost.

I am assuming that maybe because the others are in a different dirrection,
its hard to get reception? But if that is the case, why does my friend who
came over to help me have great reception in my condo?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I don't want to do a reset unless I have too.

I love this radio because it has such a clear sound and people come in just
like they are in my living room and I can't hear well on echo link so I want
to make my ht as my main radio for 2 meter and 440. I don't want to have to
attach a coaxial cable though. People I have talked to thus far on the ht
just love the sound of it.

Thank you,

Linda

Kk4hrg