From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2012 06:56:06 -0400
    Don:

I, and several others on the list, have used the Icom IC718 with fairly good
success.  You will have to get and install the UT102 speech synthesizer
chip, but that is fairly inexpensive and easy to do.

You also likely will need sighted assistance when it comes to getting the
rig initially set up, but once this is done, the speech dchip should give
you most of the feedback you need to operate the rig in most normal
situations.

I wrote a review of the IC718 for Handihams back in the early 2000's, and
will send it to you privately if you would like.  I also still have quite a
few documentation files for the rig, including manual, key chart, etc. that
I'd be happy to send along if you actually do get the rig.

Just let me know, and I'll be happy to help however I can.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ