From:
Shawn Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2012 21:20:25 -0400
Hi again Eric:

Glad you have your node #, and are in "echo-business".  It's been a long
"slog", but today I made my first echo-contact.  Received audio from my
Logitech headset (bought at local Radio Shack), is great, but I've received
a couple of poor reports regarding my transmit audio.  One guy in MN said
that I was barely intelligible.  I didn't whisper, or have marbles in my
mouth, and would like to solve the problem without further expense if
possible, as I bought this headset specifically to use with echolink.

There is an experienced echolink ham who is supposed to drop by on Thur.
morning, and examine my set up.  If He thinks that there is an audio
problem, then I will think seriously about a new headset.  I have been sent
some links to a couple of brands sold by Amazon.  I am using a Dell desktop
model pc,with a wireless router for Internet connection, and did have a
couple of "port forward" issues, but thankfully it's straightened out now.
If I receive any promising suggestions on headsets, I'll pass them along.

Best wishes,

David S. Pearson-wa4dsp