From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2012 11:07:57 -0600
I suppose there might be some very specific circumstances where a 5W FM
transmitter might get into a phone, but in your case, no.
Those circumstances would have to include the 5W FM transmitter's antenna
being located extremely close to either the phone or an unshielded or leaky
phone line...when I say close, probably a couple inches or less.
the beautiful thing about FM, and 2 meters and 70centimeters is that they
almost never cause interpherence on devices where AM or SSB would cause
interpherence.
However, if your neighbor is cranky, be careful that he or she doesn't know
you have a radio over there, because any little problem in their home will
be attributed to your transmitter weather correct or not lol.
IE, the battery goes dead in the cordless phone, and suddenly, it's all your
fault.
or, one day the TV isn't working properly, and again, it's all your fault,
even though your radio couldn't possibly have anything to do with it.
Cranky neighbors complain about everything...they more often than not just
need a life and a chill pill, but just be aware that using a transmitter and
having them know of it will become cause for more crankiness hi hi.
Of course, these same cranky neighbors seem to forget that their world is
full of RF to begin with and settling on the single source of RF coming from
your unit is silly.
anyway, don't worry, your wouxun won't cause any grief unless you stick the
antenna, uh, up to his phone heh.

73
Colin, V A6BKX