From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2012 18:45:01 -0600
there are lots and lots of really great dual band HT antennas...remember,
any HT antenna isn't going to have high gain though...maybe a couple DB at
most.
Also, for the wouxun, you'll likely have to get a gender bender (lesbian
adapter) to use the most common SMA type dual band HT antennas, because they
are typically male SMA's on the antenna.
MFJ 1717, MFJ1715, nagoya701 are all excellent.
The MFJ antennas are both about 14 or 15 inches long...the 1717 is heavier
duty, and the 1715 is pretty thin and whips allot, but is lighter and will
bend into a circle quite well without any damage...good for throwing in a
back pack or whatever.
The nagoya701 is shorter, but performs extremely well on both 2M and 70CM.
the MFJ antennas also work to some extent on 220.
The nagoya is easily availible on ebay for around 15 bucks including
shipping I think.
the spelling might be off on that name, but that's how it sounds and I don't
have anything to reference the spelling for you.
I use an MFJ 1715 on a daily basses and it out performs any stock rubber
duck and most after market ducks too.

73
Colin, V A6BS