From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:32:50 -0700
Hello listers,

All the latest talk about echo link has perked my interest.

I have registered my call sign and license with echo link.

I have a link to echo link on my desk top.

What do I do from here?

I've got a semi-modern Acer laptop computer.

Do I have to buy a microphone/head set combination to use echo link?

Where can I get more information about echo link.

Any help would be appreciated.

I want to use this system to see if I can contact my girlfriend Catherine
Close who lives in Butler, PA and who got her tech license last summer.

Her call sign is KB3WBO.

She has had absolutely no luck in registering her call sign with echo link.

What is the difference between echo link and the other voip provider?

Here is my home number in case anyone with experience wishes to contact me
on weekends.

(916) 444-3158

Since I have registered with echo link do I have some sort of node right
now? How do I find out what it is?

I have four portable antennas two Alex magnetic loops and a Buddy Stick and
one other manufacturer of antenna made right here in Sacramento.

Having no sighted help available to put these together I figure I might as
well try my luck with echo link and see if I can get on the air that way.

It would be nice to be on HF but it doesn't look possible right now.

Best 73's,

Eric Clegg

KU3I