From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2012 17:05:07 -0600
If the power supply is the Kenwood model that matches the 440, you
don't disconnect the power supply end of the cable because it is hard
wired inside the cabinet.

That clamp you feel or see very near where the cable comes out of the
cabinet of the power supply is supposed to be a strain relief. But,
that strain relief has been detached from the cabinet on every one of
those supplies I have ever seen, causing me to wonder what it really
does in the first place.

Also, if your power supply is a Kenwood unit, the end of the cable
that is plugged into the back of the TS440 is probably covered by a
rubber jacket.

Even through that jacket, you will feel a noticeable bump at the point
where you need to squeeze the connector as Gary described in order to
pull the cable straight out of the radio.