VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:20:53 -0400
From:
David Hilbert Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
agreed.

On Jun 20, 2013, at 11:58 AM, Albert Ruel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Nelson.  In the old days I used to print PDF documents then scan
them back into the computer in order to read them with Openbook, and
some time ago both Freedom Scientific and Kurzweil gave us the ability
to achieve that result without having to waste the paper.  Here are
the two processes I use.

When the file is open in Adobe I start the print process by holding
down the Control Key and pressing the letter P.  From the list of
printers that shows up I select the Freedom Import Printer, and I
think that with Kurzweil it's called the KES Printer, then I click OK.
That launches the scan and read software and begins the conversion
process.

The second way I'm able to do it is to launch Openbook then access the
PDF file by using the Open Dialog box.  Again, once I click OK the
conversion begins.

I don't believe this is akin to removing DRM, as it is merely a
simplified print and re-scan process.

Good luck.

Thx, Albert

--