From:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2012 18:04:19 -0700

Have her meet with Dr William Basri in Brick (I think he has a second office in Neptune, also).  He's the dr of choice for the SeaShore Celiac support group. http://www.atlanticcoastgastro.com/william-basri.html
I'm from PA, but would recommend if you don't hear back from someone in NJ, you could also ask on www.glutenfreephilly.com. They're a great resource.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The only suggestion I can make is that you phone Jeff Sorokin, my GI...Voorhees, NJ...not the shore.  He may be friends with someone in Ocean County, who knows gluten sensitivity..... He's at 856-596-5559.

From what I've been reading (today) online, she should go on a double-blind test and take the results to the doctor with her.

When I had my young son (now in his forties) on a Feingold Diet for Tourettes and dyslexia, a new and progressive pediatrician told me to do a double-blind for a month and then have my son evaluated at Children's Hospital in Philly.  While there is no conclusive study that documents that  the Feingold Diet works for both...as far as the medical world is concerned, CHOP accepted my notebook and agreed...it works for my son.

Someone impartial has to provide the food and log in whether or not it is the offensive product or not, and the patient and/or impartial observers write down their observations for each day.  Then the responses are correlated with the entries for the
 foods...including ALL foods, medications, etc. anything ingested.  I was told to do it for a month.  It took that long to get an appointment with a team at the hospital anyway, but at least, I had evidence.  (The elder of the doctors in the pediatric practice were against the diet and claimed that I caused my son to have reactions, and that the study was false.  They gave me a very hard time. And yet, I could tell when my son cheated at school...where I was not present! )

The key thing is the patient must not be able to know when he or she is being given the product in question.

My son's 5 year old is throwing some massive tamtrums.  It coincided with her starting nursery school, which she absolutely loves.  I think they're feeding her something she is reacting to. My DIL is not receptive to any food options.  My son told me to stop bringing it up.  In the meantime, the kid is being made to think she's an evil witch, when it's obvious,
 it's out of her control.  Prior to nursery school, she was cared for by her Chinese grandparents, where the food was made from scratch...all healthy.  Nothing artificial.  We ARE what we EAT!