From:
David Wurtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Wurtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2013 13:28:12 -0800

I pushed my way into speaking with the supervisor.  She told me that Udi's tests all rice products coming in to their plant and rejects anything with arsenic > 100ppb.  That said, they source from the Gulf states, which FDA has said have higher arsenic levels than California (and which other g-f bread and pasta manufacturers avoid sourcing from).  The supervisor did not know why they didn't buy from California, as Glutino, which is owned by the same company that owns Udis, only uses California-sourced rice.
But at least they have set a limit.