From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2012 06:48:57 -0500
I took a look at DigiTalk and it looks like it will run on XP if you install
the appropriate files.

You will need to install the following:

1. DigiTalk
2. TruVoice speech engine
3. Download and install the Microsoft SAPI 4.0 Runtime Support

After downloading, run each of the three programs.

This application is self-voicing so you will need to unload your screen
reader.

You might try running it with your screen reader first by not installing the
speech engine or the Microsoft SAPI 4.0 Runtime Support and see what
happens.  Then if it doesn't work install the two above mentioned programs.

It looks like the program is expecting you to connect to your computer via a
serial port, so if you don't have one, you will need to use a USB to serial
adaptor which are available for $10 to $30 depending upon where you pick it
up.

 You can download the above mentioned programs from the following site:

www.qsl.net/kh6ty/digitalk.htm

Hope this is helpful.

73's

Howard #3