From:
"Art Nolden." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:09:59 -0500
        Hello Everyone,

    I'm new to the list, although I've been studying the lessons for the Technicians license for a bit.

    With a small remains of vision, I have a GDF Golden guide canine named JJ.  My S-O, Princess Linda Knight is also here on this list.

    I'll ask a question  that Princess asked, that seems to have gotten no response.

    A secuirty guy here where we live knows we are getting into HAM, and has a Transceiver for sale, a hand-held ALINCO VHF FM DJ-196.

    It has two oval buttons over a square  of 16 smaller buttons on the face.  .  There is a print instruction book, and a charger.

    One would have to memorize what each button is, and what it does, and in conjunction with which other button or buttons.  The unit has a telescoping antenna.

    Of course there's no way the Princess or I could read the screen.

    Any comments?

        Art and GDF Golden guide canine JJ.
            west central Flor'da.