From:
"Art Nolden." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2012 10:43:05 -0400
        Princess Ham Radio Goddess's handheld Wouxun handy talkie arived on
Saturday.

    There are 11 channels programmed into it; #11 is the NOAA weather radio.

    Channels one to ten are frequencies that she requested be put into the
unit.  It was a long busy day on Saturday .  Finally she got it put
together; screwed on the antenna, clipped on the battery pack, and the belt
clip.

    Last evening she pushed the mike key and transmitted for the first time.
IN the #2 position, she found a swap net here in west central Florida.   We
were able to barely hear a mobile unit all the way down in Naples, but net
control up here in Hudson managed to do better from his base.  we also got
loud and clear a Ham from all the way up in Ocala, Marion County.

    The channel#1 position was all static.  One Ham went to #1 with the
Princess, she transmitted, but could not get any response from the fella.

    So afterward and until late, she played with the gizmo.  Well, Princess
is at the ladies crafts group meeting this morning, and this afternoon one
of the guys in the local Ham Radio club is coming over to hoepfuly fix the
big mess.  All 10 channels have the same one frequency.  Oops! Ouch!

    In the display window, I can see with the CCTV that the upper line [in
channel mode] names the repeater, the bottom line had her call sign [in all
caps.   In frequency mode, the top line has the same frequency # on the top
line, and again, after whatever, the call sign is back on the lower line.

    The Ham fella who is coming here this afternoon, he told the Princess,
"welcome to the real world."  That means another doctor in our life.

                73,
        Art and GDF Golden gide canine JJ.

    Please Crop Prior Header and Trim  Previous [1] Message When Reply-ing.
Retain only the portion to which you are responding.  Digest Users and
Braille Display Users will LOVE you.

PS: sent in plaintext.