From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 03:44:28 -0400
I've run the HTX-10, I didn't keep it it was part of a trade deal and I went
right ahead and sold it but kept it a week to play with it and honestly it
took me about an hour of playing around, a little sighted help setting up
memories on key frequencies and I was in business having no problem. The
good thing with those is, if you have full 10 meter privileges, you set
28.300 in a memory, go from that memory to VFO with it writing the frequency
in to VFO, and as long as you tune upward for phone, down for CW, you really
can't miss. I also put some of the local active frequencies in memories as
well so I could find and get on them. I can't say it was a bad radio, the
reason I got rid of it was I had 2 or 3 full HF rigs at the time and with
all the other bands I had/have equipment for it didn't make sense to keep
it. I can say this though, you're talking about wanting to get on an FM
repeater, does the HTX-100 do FM? I thought it was SSB/CW only where as the
HTX-10 was FM as well. Just something to consider. There are actually a lot
of the 10 meter only radios out there, I first got on 10 meters with a
ranger RCI-2950 back when I was a tech plus. It was brand new so I knew
hadn't been hacked, that's the one problem with some of them is who's been
inside it but as long as they haven't thrown audio or power mods in them
they're generally good enough.