Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:03:02 -0600
7bit
From:
Howard Traxler <[log in to unmask]>
I have always been told that one should heat the joint with the gun or iron
and then let the joint heat the solder.  That to let molten solder fall on a
not-hot-enough joint would make a "cold solder joint".  Hence, I have always
tried to heat the joint from underneath and place the tip of the solder on
the upper surface of the joint keeping all parts of the joint in firm
contact.  The solder would move as it melted and flowed over the joint.
Then remove heat and solder and let the new joint cool naturally.  All this
is why God gave me four hands.

The Other Howard, WA9RYF