ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:13:58 -0500
Thanks all for the kind welcome. Mostly I've been up to continuing
with the vending route I run, which as you might guess in these
economic times is a continual challenge, not to mention state
politics bearing down pretty hard of late with an obvious agenda to
nix the whole thing. So that has me considering other options and
living on faith something will work out, haven't actually ran across
an equal for income, but hey I'm up for suggestions hahaha. . Other
than that I've been focusing on songwriting, gigging around the Twin
Cities area, and taking some on-line classes at SongU.com  hopefully
getting a certification through them next spring for Lyric Writing
and Commercial Songwriting. It doesn't mean much as far as accredited
ed, but does help with industry validation when looking to do
some  instruction down the road and getting gigs. Paying gigs are not
in abundance, there are some, but a fair bit of dues is yet
needed  to jump to the next touring level plus logistics and mobility
can be a challenge. I'm on a couple boards. One for our songwriting
group in Minnesota, which is just across the boarder here. And the
other is for the nominee agency managing the vending program here.
One project I haven't quite written off is developing a software
program or e-book of sorts  for blind guitarists. An accessible chord
book. There are tons of resources on the net but not accessible.
There is one web site out there catering to it but it is limited and
gone backwards in a way so I'm still considering that project.
Requires a software programmer which I'm not one, and only done a
little research on that end so far. Now I wish I'd have continued on
my consideration for  becoming a programmer years ago.

So that is about it. Look forward to  being on the list, probably
mostly lurking and not babble mode :).

Brad

Brad Dunse

He who angers you controls you