C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2012 23:57:40 -0700
Please forward to all your friends in Caifornia; We stand to lose *27* percent of our in-home support services!  27 percent will mean people will die or be forced into an institution! I cannot stress this enough. Elderly people -- could be your aunt, mother, father, sister, brother, teacher, they will go without baths, go without dinner, go without their medicene, Don't believe the lies about how wonderful the managed care programs will be! We already know because people with only medi-cal have been forced into managed care since 2010; and people are going without

pain treatment for six months, if they have cancer, forget about treatment! Yes that's right, many are not getting treated for cancer. Managed care kills!  I liken this round-up of poor elderly and poor disabled to the rounding up of the disabled by the Nazis.  They are trying to get us all into MC, and then just wait and see, they will cut the funds for MC too, until we all perish. Watch the news on may 30, when Thousands descend on the State building in Sacramento on Disability Capital Action Day.  I would like to be able to plunk down a thick stack of these petitions to the governor and the legislature. We have 99 signtures as of 11 PM friday May 25th. I'd like to double that by wednesday morning!

Subject: Jerry Brown's budget will doom the disabilty community

Hi,

Governor Jerry Brown is racing his plan to put all Medicare AND Medicaid recipients into managed care. This means that we could lose the ability to choose our own workers. We may have to live according to a schedule of the managed care plan. There is even language in the plans that mentions the words "in home institutionalization"!  We are not sick. We have physical or cognitive limitations, why should our own homes become mini nursing homes?

That's why I created a petition to The California State House, The California State Senate, and Governor Jerry
 Brown.

Will you sign this petition? Click
 here:

http://signon.org/sign/jerry-browns-budget-will?source=c.em.cp&r_by=517651

Thanks!

Thanks,
Tamar

It is not our differences that divide us.
It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.
~ Audre Lorde