C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Pink <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Pink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2011 08:51:53 -0800

Dear Family And Friends,

It’s hard to believe it’s that time again. . .  Here we are Deer Hunting Week-end.  I know I haven’t written a Christmas Letter
in at least three years.  So, pull up a
chair, and I’ll grab my tea and let’s begin…

In July of 2009, I moved to La Farge, Wisconsin to An Adult
Family Home called The Nathan Garret Home.  Then, in June of 2010, I moved to another group home in La Farge, with
the same company,.  That house was called
Serenity Hills 2.  La Farge is about a
hour from LaCrosse .  Then, on October
fourth of this year, I moved to LaCrosse, with the same company , Copper , to a
house called Hiwaitha.  The reason I
moved out of my parents’ house is because they were getting too old and fragile
to take care of me .  The reason I keep
moving is because I wasn’t happy at The Nathan Garret Home or the Serenity
Hills 2 Home.  But, I am proud to say I
couldn’t be happier here at Hiwaitha here in LaCrosse ! The experiences here at
Copper have been numerous from going to a Brewer’s Game, having music therapy
every week on Tuesdays in La Farge, and planting and taking care of a Community
Giving Garden in La Farge.  Shortly after
moving to La Farge, Copper’s made me Editor and Chief of their newsletter !

July ninth of 2009, I started working for
RERC
on Communication Enhancement (AAC-RERC).
The AAC-RERC is a Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center that functions as
a collaborative research group dedicated to the development of effective AAC
technology. Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) refers to ways
(other than speech) that are used to send a message from one person to another.We
are supposed to chat via G-Mail Chat once a week.

Wishing you peace, hope, love & Joy this Holiday Season,

Kathy Jo Pink