From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2012 20:43:02 -0600
hey all:
I picked up a hallicrafters sw500 SW receiver on the weekend from a flee
market...the price was right, pocket change essentially.
I had one of these when I was in my teens, though that might have been the
sw120 which is the same radio with a different colored cabinet.
anyway, I want to replace the 4 in 1 cap and am wondering if anyone has the
specs on the various components for this radio?
I found out what the tube compliment is, and can probably get some eyes on
the rest of it and make a list of components and their values.
 But if anyone has ever worked on one of these, please let me know.
I'd like to leave the major original components in the chassis for
collecters sake if possible, but put new stuff in to bring her back to
perfect working condition.
The 4 in one smoother or rectifier cap, the diode, and of course all the
paper and wax caps need to be replaced.
Also wondering if anyone just might have the alignment specs?  IE voltage or
current parameters to set the front end up.
there are 3 alignment adjustment coils inside.
Any info would be very much appreciated as usual.

73
Colin, V A6BKX