From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2012 17:23:28 -0500
Harvey,

Since I don't know which Jim to contact, or his address, I will send
my thoughts about his possible problem to the list.

I think what has happened is that you have the duel watch activated.

In that mode, assuming you are operating on the A band, whenever a
signal comes on the frequency or memory channel that is currently set
on the B band, the receiver automatically switches to that channel.
Conversely, if you are currently operating on the B band, the receiver
will switch to a signal that appears on whatever frequency you last
used in the A band.

Since I have the older Wouxun from 2 years ago, mine powers up in that
mode every time I turn the radio on.

To kill it, I simply press the button just below the right hand bottom
corner of the speaker one time. The duel watch then remains turned off
unless I turn it back on with another push of that button, or until I
turn the radio off, and then back on again.

If I understand correctly, more recent releases of the Wouxun remember
whether the duel watch is on or off when the radio is powered down,
and leave it set accordingly when you turn it on again.

If I am answering the wrong problem, perhaps Buddy or someone else can
straighten both of us out.

K5XU