From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2012 16:06:07 -0500
colin McDonald writes:
> i've been checking from time to time, and haven't heard any spiratic E
> conditions here yet.

	Do you know if all the analog VHF TV in Canada has gone
off the air yet? I remember reading last Summer that a few
channels were going to remain analog after August 31 of 2011 but
I didn't know for how long.

	We would sometimes get Canadian TV here in the middle of
the US via Sporadic E and it just depended upon where the E
cloud was. Sometimes, it would be Quebec and other times
Vancouver, BC.  This became easier after July of 2009 when all
the US analogs vacated Channels 2-6 but even before that, I
remember hearing a Channel 3 out of Montrialle as they had a
hocky match and then news and then French. The Vancouver station
was all in English.

	One evening in the mid eighties, I was tuning around
Channel 3 and heard a football game just as clear and strong as
if it was right here. It was odd because it was July and except
for a few exhibition games, you don't get football until Autumn.

	It all cleared up, however, when an announcer said
during a commercial, "You're watching CFL on CBC." It just
happened to be unusually good Sporadic E. Some minutes later, it
vanished completely.

Martin