From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:13:25 -0500
	Wow! That example is the worst I've ever seen or the
best example depending on how you look at it. I see a lot of
emails on this list in which there is some sort of binary
garbage at the end of each line and in places where someone may
have been being imphatic. The garbage usually contains an = or
equals symbol and the number 20 frequently but not always
follows. I don't know if it has anything to do with Outlook
Exchange or what, but it is an attempt by something in either
the mail list processing software or our individual mail reader
clients to make sense out of 8-bit characters which shouldn't be
there.

	I am on some mailing lists where you see people from all
over the plannet writing in and never once do you see =20 or
anything similar.

	This list has a number of members whose messages contain
some garbage like that, but not everybody, so I have not really
figured out what causes it. I know I'd never shed a tear if I
never saw it again. I also know that some have tried to adjust
their mailer output to stop it and have had a lot of trouble, so
nothing personal is meant here.

73 WB5AGZ