From:
Shawn Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2012 08:20:59 -0500
Howdy:

I agree with most of what has been said about the Novice class ticket(at least as far as the requirements, and operating limits go), but I don't think that the comment about Novices having the letter "n" in their call sign is correct.  I started off as a Novice in the State of MA in the mid 70's, and was assigned the call sign wa1zhb.  The rest of us who took the test at that time, and  passed were given similar call signs:  wa1zhc, wa1zhq etc.  To the best of my recollection, nobody had a letter "n" in their sign.  That ticket lapsed, and I had to start all over again after sight loss.  I am now a General, and pondering trying for the "Extra" before the question pool changes in Jul. even though I no longer operate at all.  Have been trying   to get echolink working for several months without success   , as it seems quite interesting.

This is my first attempt at a "post" on this list, which is the reason no one has ever heard of me.

Sincerely yours,

David S. Pearson-wa4dsp