From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:53:48 -0500
I've never had one of those friction catches wear out on my watches either.
they get slightly easier to engage/disengage but haven't broken.

Regarding the Tissot SilenT: I have had one for the last 6 years, or so and
really love it a lot. I hear that some dealers still have a few, going for a
premium price, but can't remember who has them.

Ron Miller