From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 06:02:26 -0500
I am asking this on behalf of someone who doesn't have a computer.  They say
they were reading a book on battery power with the player unplugged when
after a clap of thunder the player said, "Battery Low."  They had several
hours of battery power left before the thunder clap, but lost it all
afterwards.  Then the next time they charged it up, it drained down to the
same point when there was again no power.  Could the thunder storm or
lightning caused this with the player unplugged, or was this purely
coincidental?  They had the standard player which they sent back for another
one after this incident.  I think the NLS digital format is the best ever
offered by NLS, but I find this series of events very strange.  I could
understand it if the player was plugged in, but not unplugged and on battery
power.  73.
Harvey