From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2012 14:43:45 -0500
    Dave:

At this point, I am embarrassed to say that I can't answer any of your
questions very satisfactorally.

I do know that the routers they are using are commercially produced, and
cost about $26 a piece.

Very affordable.

I believe the software they are using is open source, but I don't know what
it is and where they are getting it.

They are using external antennas attached to the routers but again, I have
no specific details on make, model or whatever..

All I know is they want to set up one of the routers and an antenna at my
QTH here for testing.

I'll know more later today, and will try to put together more of an
intelligent reply after that.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ