From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2012 02:04:03 -0500
Hi all,
Well folks, here's the latest on my antenna tuner solution.
The mFJ944 is a great tuner, tunes wires, you name it!
However, I found an *EVEN BETTER* tuner, and for those of us who are Kenwood users, this is incredible!!
It's the LDG kt.
Here's what it says below.
"LDG KT-100 200W Autotuner for Kenwood Product Reviews.  It's found at
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/9369
Reviews Summary for LDG KT-100 200W Autotuner for Kenwood
  Reviews: 2  Average rating: 5.0/5  MSRP: $199.99
Description: A dedicated antenna tuner for your Kenwood TS-2000, TS-50 or TS-480 or any Kenwood rig that is AT-300 compatible. You just press the Tune button on the radio, and the rig and tuner do the rest: reduces power, transmits a carrier, automatically matches the antenna to the rig, then restores power and mode. The LEDs on the front panel indicate tuning status, and will show a match in seconds, or even less of you've tuned on or near that frequency before; the KT-100 has 2,000 memories for instant recall of the tuning parameters for your favorite bands and frequencies. You can simply plug the KT-100 into your transceiver with the provided cable; the interface powers the tuner, and the Tune button on the radio begins a tuning cycle. There are no extra cables to buy, we even include the coax patch cable from the radio to the tuner so it's ready to go right out of the box. And like all LDG products, the KT-100 comes with a two-year, fully transferable warranty.
Product is in production.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/1/42/1
KK4BKE  Rating: 5/5
Jun 22, 2011 02:41
Worked Well   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the KT100 tuner to assist my TS-480SAT tune a G5RV Lite Antenna. The built in tuner on the 480SAT tuned 80, 15, and 10, but would not handle 20m and 40m. Nice to use the AT button on the 480 and have the KT-100 tune effortlessly. Working Europe regularly now on 20m with excellent results at 100w.
KG4RUL  Rating: 5/5
Nov 7, 2010 16:39
A perfect match for my TS2000   Time owned: more than 12 months
This little tuner will just about match a wet string. I regularly use it with a 43' flagpole. It has been used with a variety of wire antennas and even with hamstick dipoles."
So, there ya have it folks, however, I have 2 very important questions:
1.  Will it work with my 570, or 570G?
Also, can it tune a wire antenna with no coax?
Trippy, ac8s