From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2012 10:46:34 -0500
Hi,

Putting on my Serotek hat for a moment, though opinions are strictly mine.

The best way to see how System Access works, and whether it will meet your specific needs, is to sign up for a free account. With that, you'll get a seven-day trial (no limitations otherwise) of System Access, SAMNet, and Docuscan Plus, as well as trials for all premium voices. The things it works with, it works very well. The things it doesn't work well with, it pretty much just doesn't. There are no scripting abilities, so functionality can't be expanded, so things will either work or they will not work.

You can read all help documentation, including all screen reader specific commands, by visiting:
http://help.samobile.net

As for hardware. Yes. It is quite expensive. In fact, for most users, I always recommend buying hardware elsewhere and then installing the software after. The only advantage to buying hardware from Serotek is that it will come to you configured and with licenses installed. Having said that, the hardware pages are out of date, and i don't think you can get a netbook from us anymore anyway. Which is just as well, IMO, netbooks don't stay un-laggy for very long. Unless you really aren't comfortable with configuring on your own, and don't have anyone who can help you, I don't recommend hardware purchases, as better deals can always be had from elsewhere. Like Amazon, for instance.

Anyway, we have someone on support an customer service phones from 10 AM to 10 PM weekdays. I'm specifically on from 10A-2P and then 7P-10P.

By way of keeping this ham radio related, System Access does work pretty well with Echolink.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY