From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2012 10:26:36 -0500
Good morning,
The balun has two binding posts with wing nuts to attach and tighten the
ends of the two wires. Just attach a wire to each binding post (your balun,
or coupler/tuner, may have banana plugs or some other method to use). Get
the other end (the end of the long conductor) up in the air, straight up or
sloped, etc. No ground radials or counterpoise needed. I've worked Alaska
from Florida with just 5 watts, at the bottom of the solar cycle with this
antenna at the 2008 field day sight at Honeymoon Island, Florida.

Ron Miller