From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2011 07:15:39 -0500
Hi, all.

Last night, I was working with my TS590, and I found that it only
seems to put out a maximum of about 65 or 70 watts when I connect it to a
dummy
load, or when I key the rig on a resonant frequency for one of my
antennas.  These power readings were taken with my TW1.

I have checked the integrity of all of my internal coax jumpers, so that
shouldn't be a contributing factor.

I took DC voltage readings from my Astron RS35 power supply with my Omega
talking multi-meter, and  found that
the supply voltage is 13.350.  This voltage is lower than the 13.8 volts I
would expect, which is causing me to wonder whether the supply is starting
to fail.  Low voltage is what could cause the rig to fold
back, so I'm wondering if that is what is happening.

Another thought I had was whether the problem might somehow be related to
the firmware upgrade I
just did?Specifically, I upgraded from firmware version 1.04 to 1.06 this
past Monday.  I can't absolutely swear to higher output power readings
before the firmware update, but I do believe they were higher--i.e. closer
to 90 watts or so before the update.

Is there a service menu adjustment for power output that I might check?  I
could probably get sighted assistance  to help me with that if I had some
detailed
instructions as to how to get there.

Just for the record, I took all power readings with the auto tuner off, and
the tentech
manual tuner in the bypass position.   I took the readings  in both RTTY
mode and by pressing the "send" button on the rig's front panel.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ