ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:52:14 -0500
Hey, Matt

Earlier in the chapter it says He was speaking to the Scribes and Pharisees
and in verse 37 it specifically says those who were seeking to kill Him.
JESUS was saying much like what He said when He said "By their fruit you
shall know them."  Satan wanted JESUS dead, though he (Satan) didn't realize
what would occur as a result.  So those whom JESUS said were sons of Satan
were acting like he would, and unknowingly or not, were doing the will of
Satan.  But those who are born of GOD do the works of GOD and bear the fruit
of the Spirit in their lives.  Everyone has the spiritual family resemblance
of their father, whomever their father happens to be.

Paul