Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2012 13:42:38 -0500

Are there any other folks out there with Celiac Dx and IgA Deficiency who
get tissue Transglutaminase IgG  testing periodically (instead of tTG IgA
testing) to monitor how effectively you are keeping gluten out of your diet?

We just got our son’s test results back.  He’s been strictly GF for 4 ½
years, and in all that time we have never been able to get his number down
below the threshold that corresponds with successfully keeping him gf.
Short of making him live in a bubble, we don’t know what more to do.

The doctor once told us that treating the IgG test results like IgA test
results was somewhat working on theory, since not much research has been
done with that test.  He is scheduled for a repeat endoscopy in November to
see what this intestines look like and to take biopsies.

I’m very interested to know about others in this situation (Celiac + IgA
Deficiency), and how your doctor monitors your wellness?

Thanks!!

Dawn in Wisconsin

Our new e-mail address is [log in to unmask]