From:
Deb Wheaton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deb Wheaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:23:46 -0500

Hello List Mates,
Ok, I just want to call "BS" on this "study".  http://www.doctorslounge.com/index.php/news/pb/25701

With increased diagnosis nationwide seems like the medical community may be looking for a cash cow here. Since Celiac is the only disease controlled by diet and, once diagnosed they can't prescribe drugs for us, (so far), now the medical community wants to tell us we're depressed...after all, there's a pill for that.

I know there is an increased risk for depression among the Celiac population.  But we also know that Celiac is the #1 misdiagnosed intestinal disorder. And depression is one of those misdiagnoses prior to testing. And of course with all the other issues we have to deal with (like getting our Dr's to listen to us), who wouldn't feel depressed once in a while. I'm insulted by this broad brush approach. Am I over reacting?
I'd love to know what you think. I'll summarize.
Deb