From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2012 21:36:01 -0500
Tom,

I didn't notice it at first either because the speed change is completely
overshadowed by the pitch change.  However, when I got over the initial
shock, I realized that the speed did, in fact, change.  The change doesn't
amount to more than about a musical third interval, which isn't really all
that much of a change.  If the pitch had doubled, or even gone up by half,
you'd have noticed the speed more.  In any event, though, I'm disappointed
that they designed it the way they did.  Then again, the average sighted ham
probably couldn't handle it much faster than "normal" anyway.

Steve