Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 2011 23:43:56 -0500
While reading old posts on curezone.com, the VWT iodine forum, I found
this:http://iodine4health.com/special/weston_price.htm

""The primitives have obtained, often with great difficulty, foods that
are scarce but rich in certain elements. In these rare foods were
elements which the body requires in small quantities, including minerals
such as iodine, copper, manganese and special vitamins."

  "When it is recognized that in the Sierra the available water is
largely that provided to the streams from the melting snows and from
rains in the rainy season, it will be realized that these sources of
fresh water could not provide the liberal quantity of iodine essential
for human growth and development. It was, accordingly, a matter of great
interest to discover that these Indians used regularly dried fish eggs
from the sea. Commerce in these dried foods is carried on today as it no
doubt has been for centuries. When I inquired of them why they used this
material they explained that it was necessary to maintain the fertility
of their women. I was informed also that every exchange depot and market
carried these dried fish eggs so that they were always available.

And "In other words the foods of the native Eskimos contained 5.4 times
as much calcium as the displacing foods of the white man, five times as
much phosphorus, 1.5 times as much iron, 7.9 times as much magnesium,
1.8 times as much copper, 49.0 times as much iodine, and at least ten
times that number of fat-soluble vitamins. For the Indians of the far
North of Canada, the native foods provided 5.8 times as much calcium,
5.8 times as much phosphorus, 2.7 times as much iron, 4.3 times as much
magnesium, 1.5 times as much copper, 8.8 times as much iodine, and at
least a ten fold increase in fat-soluble activators."

There is a dip at the bottom of http://www.motherlindas.com/roe.htm that
might fit in the paleofood recipe list.

William