From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2012 16:34:13 -0500
Hi Ron,

The Alexloop i quite expensive, especially the Walkham one, especially after shipping. A cheaper alternative can be had from
http://www.g4tph.com

I haven't made any contacts on mine yet, but part of that is no doubt down to needing to finding/building a good support for it. Tuning on 20 meters is quite sharp, too. I'd really like to find or build or get help building something a bit more like the Alexloop Walkham antenna, as the aluminum rails of the G4TPH antenna are each over a foot long. Can be carried, but having the loop element more flexible might be good. Or might not. Anyway, maybe for the G4TPH loop, something made from PVC electrical conduit or something would be the thing. My challenge is to find something that's A) self supporting and B) can be broken down into approximately one foot long sections for ease of transport.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY