From:
Jed Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2012 21:08:05 -0500
how do you do a partial reset?
nope split is not on

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 8:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: kenwood ts590 won't tune on 20 meters

    Jed:

Are you saying that it gives you a short beep, rather than the CW "A" which
indicates that tuning has occurred?

If so, you probably do have a split or something turned on.

To doublecheck to see if the split is on, press the second button from the
top on the first column of buttons immediately to the right of the tuning
knob.

If it reads your frequency, preceded by an "S", then you know the split is
on.

The other thing you can do is hit the "cancel" button, which is equivalent
to the "star" on the number pad.  It's just to the left of the "0" key.

Otherwise, I've never heard anything like this before.  As a last resort,
you might want to do a partial or VFO re-set.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ