From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2012 15:15:00 -0500
    Mike:

It's all coming back to me now..  Your first approach is exactly how I
monitored my CW note when transmitting.  I had an old rock-bound Heath Kit
DX35 transmitter, and a Lafayette receiver whose model number I forget, and
made many CW qsos that way back in the day.

Thanks for jogging my memory here.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ