From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2011 10:09:47 -0500
All as I remember. Yes, you can use the receiver or transmitter VFO, assuming you have all the cables connected in back (there are several, I seem to recall at least four, all RCA plugs). Of course, you'll have to remember to set the band switch on both receiver and transmitter regardless. So you'd set the band switch on both radios, as well as setting the mode on the transmitter. On the receiver, you'd set the bandwidth, and either have the radio set on AM or, well, not AM, with either slow or fast AGC or no AGC. Tune the preselector on the receiver for a peak in noise. You'd also need to tune a similar control on the transmitter, peak the drive control, and tune as usual. Ah, good times. Wouldn't mind a set of Drake twins again myself, what a great receiver that R4B was. Good times.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY