From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2011 09:24:02 -0400
Good deal Tom,   Hope to catch you on some of the 160 contests this season.

Don't know if you can find the butyl rubber locally, perhaps a search on
e-bay will turn up something cheap.

Here is a link I had sent you some time ago:

http://www.championradio.com/shop/Weatherproofing.6

I've never bought anything from him, but it is run by K7LXC who has a
tower install business in the Pacific Northwest and he also runs the
Towertalk mailing list.

My personal preference is to use silicone  self vulcanizing tape.
(sometimes called cold fusion, or splicing tape) and then several layers
of  3m Super 88 or 33.

As for the pulley thing:  There has to be a way for you to get  your
dipoles up and down by yourself.  Put your thinking cap on.

73, Steve KW3A