Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2011 17:53:06 -0800
7bit
From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Batsheva,

I'm glad you reminded the doctor about your triglycerides. They are a far
better indicator of cardiac risk. I would argue that without a breakdown of
LDL sub-fractions, even calculating ratios really isn't very meaningful.
Another reality, as pointed out by another poster, is that because your
trigs were so low, your LDLs are likely dominated by light fluffy LDLs.

I found that most commercial formulations that include Mg have ratios that
are dominated by calcium. I read somewhere that most leafy vegetables grown
in relatively new soil have a ratio of Ca to Mg of about 1:1. For that
reason, I took my Mg separately, adjusting my intake to just below where it
caused diarrhea. I also take 2000 iu of vitamin D, and have done so since
1999.

I kept thinking that when I hit middle age I would at least purchase a
sports car, but by the time I gave middle age any thought, I had already
passed it. :-) I'm now 64 and I don't know anyone who lived to 128, so I
have given up on the sports car. I expect that my next vehicular digression
will be into one of those electric scooters that the elderly bully
pedestrians with.

Best Wishes,
Ron