From:
Dwight Corbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dwight Corbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2012 08:22:22 -0500

dc---6 reply    Thanks for your input.

dc--- Most replys had not tried it.    Yes it is labeled Gluten Free.

I have not tried that one, but I had a similar experience.  The Michelob
cider you tried is gluten free as is Angry Orchard, Woodchuck, and
Strongbow Cider.  I just read this in Delight Magazine, so I purchased the
Angry Orchard brand.  I had two last night and was sure I was having the
symptoms of being glutened.  The same thing happened to me when I had a
Redbridge beer as well.  I don't drink carbonated beverages so it may have
something to do with it, but I'm not sure.  Not sure if I have other food
allergies that have reared their ugly heads in the last 12 years of being
GF, as this has happened with other items that all state they are GF.  I
will be interested in the other responses you get too.

dc----  This does seem  strange,   I had no problem with Angry Orchard.

 I bought a six pack back in June and was very excited about it, however I
couldn't drink it! I managed to get the first one down, and it took a long
time. It just wasn't a very good tasting hard cider, but I seemed to feel a
bit of it in after effects the remainder of the evening, plus some the next
day.

My husband, a non celiac, but has some issues and the gene, did end up
drinking it, but he said the same things about it too.

If I remember right it has an artificial sweetner in it. Perhaps check the
ingredients and see.

--
Everyone wants to be green, but no one can find the paint brush.
Dwight