Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2012 23:41:43 -0500

Is there any relationship with Celiac Disease and Interstitial cystitis?

I have a relative who has just been diagnosed.  Since we have so many
celiacs  in the family my first thought was that because it is an
inflammatory disease there might be some correlation between the two
conditions.  But, maybe not.. I do tend to assume that gluten is the culprit
in lots of things, I admit.

I am trying to decide whether to encourage this relative to be tested for CD
to see if that is part of the issue.  As with many of my relatives, there is
a very strong reluctance to go for testing unless there is a good solid
reason.

Anyway,  I just thought I would ask this group to see if I am out of line
with this thinking.

If any one out there has any support to suggest for interstitial cystits I
would be grateful for that as well.

Thanks for the help!

Becky in TX

*******