From:
Brandy Wendler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brandy Wendler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2012 17:53:06 -0800

Dear Listmates,

I wanted to share an article with you that I posted on my blog because I am
so proud of this wonderful accomplishment by one of our own.
www.brandywendler.blogspot.com

Recently, a received a very exciting e-mail from a good friend of mine,
Craig Pinto. Craig, a former professional indoor football player, is the
founder of Kicking4Celiac <http://www.kicking4celiac.org/>, a foundation
whose aim is to reach out to people with Celiac Disease. Craig founded it
in 2011 in order to educate and raise awareness about an illness that he
suffers from. Craig and his board of directors works tirelessly to raise
money for different Celiac Disease Centers and other Celiac-related
non-profits as well as their own program, Cleats 4 Kids, which encourages
good nutrition, healthy eating and places an emphasis on an active
lifestyle. Kicking4Celiac also has their own scholarship program for high
school student students in order to help off-set costs of living
gluten-free while getting their undergraduate degree.

The past two years, Craig has put together a charity event to raise
awareness for Celiac Disease by attempting to break the Guinness Book of
World Records for most field goals kicked in 12 hours. Craig broke the
record in 2011 with 717 field goals and then broke his own record in 2012
by kicking 1000 field goals! So, I was thrilled to receive an e-mail from
Craig saying he was being inducted into American Football Hall of Fame
Class of 2013. In November in Miami, Florida, Craig will be recognized
during the fourth America Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony
honoring a *"League of Extraordinary People"* for his world records and his
philanthropy through football.

I know I am not alone when I say that the Celiac community is extremely
proud of him and looks forward to all he will continue to accomplish
through his incredible passion and devotion to raising awareness to an
autoimmune illness that affects so many. Feel free to e-mail Craig and let
him know how proud of him you are! [log in to unmask]

Warmly,

Brandy Wendler, RN, MSN, ACNP

www.facebook.com/MrsWendler

Twitter: @BrandyWendler